Thursday, August 5, 2010

Autumn Filled With Activities

While it might be hard to think of anything besides this heatwave that has the lower half of the country gripped like a pair of... Nevermind. Fact is, Autumn (and all its paranormal delights) is just around the corner. And despite the fact that no ParaCons are scheduled this fall throughout the state, there are still plenty of activities on tap this fall. I will be speaking and signing copies of Strange State at several of them and look forward to meeting you in person.

Starting things off is The Chisholm Trail Book Festival  on Sep 18, 2010. The event runs from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Wildhorse Suite in the Simmons Center, Duncan, OK.  To find out more information, contact Glenna Pace at 580-439-5514. http://www.chisholmtrailbookfestival.com/ I will most likely be at this event. Should this change, I will post notice.

2009 Honobia Bigfoot Conference
On October 1st and 2nd, the 2010 Honobia Bigfoot Conference kicks off in conjuction with the town's eponymous Bigfoot Festival. In attendance again this year will be the famous Dr. Jeff Meldrum as well as local Bigfoot expert, Troy Hudson. I won't be at the conference this year, but you can find me later that month at the state's second Sasquatch symposium of the year.

The Boggy Depot Bigfoot Conference kicks of October 22, running Friday and Saturday. Speakers include Nick Redfern, Ken Gerhard, Mike Hall, myself, and others...

OKC's Haunted Overholser
Mansion
<<<<Storyteller and local author, Marilyn A. Hudson will be at the historic Overholser Mansion twice nightly from October 27 - 30th.  She will spin tales from Oklahoma's spooky - and often true - history in one of Oklahoma City's oldest haunted homes. Following the event, guests will get a tour of the three-story manse in the city's historic Heritage Hills neighborhood. Maybe you'll see a ghost.

In addition to these events, there are several appearances I shall be making at various libraries around the state. As soon as details solidify, I will post those.

If you know of any events I have missed, please comment or drop me a line. I will be glad to update this post and shall repost it periodically going forward.

1 comment:

Sharon Day said...

It's official. I am now having Halloween fever. I can only dream of having the cool weather--I'm in the desert, but it doesn't stop me from getting all thrilled by corn mazes, pumpkin carving contests and haunted attractions. Thanks for getting the fever started.