Monday, March 8, 2010

Noooooo!!!!

Caught a brief snippet of a Monster Quest rerun yesterday as I flipped through the channels: something about piranha in North American lakes. Yes, the eyes rolled. While I don't doubt that, given the proper circumstances, it could happen, I'm skeptical. I'm not just going to take the word of some fisherman who says he pulled one out - even if he produces a picture. I mean, if you put your mind to it, how hard would it be, really, to acquire a specimen, dangle it from a line, and say "I caught a piranha!"? Not very. I didn't finish the episode, but I can only speculate that it achieved the same nebulous non-conclusion as all the others do and left us baited by some open-ended and ultimately vapid it-could-still-be-out-there-lurking statement.

No comments: