Thursday, September 15, 2011

Minions of Misery Award Nomination

I was nominated for a 'Minions of Misery' award by Keith Pyeatt, author of Struck! and Dark Knowledge. In the same fashion as Miss America must abstain from drug-fueld orgies with congressional aides throughout her reign, I also have certain requirements to meet in order to fulfil the honor bestowed upon me.

Firstly, I must mention a DARK BOOK: Well, all the truly dark books I know are securely locked up deep within the hidden recesses of the Miskatonic University library in Arkham. But there is one that slipped out, and I'd be remiss not to mention it here: The Mound. That's right, in fulfilment of the honor bestowed upon me, I'm gonna plug my own stuff. Deal! Seriuosly, it's the perfect supernatural thriller to curl up with as we head into the haunting season.

Secondly, I am compelled to reveal a DARK SECRET about myself. Yeah.... You're not ready for all that. Instead, I will reveal a slightly interesting tidbit: when I travel, I usually wear several t-shirts that I've designed myself. These are great conversation starters about my work and often function better as a promotional tool than shoving a business card in someone's hand, since it calls upon them to be curious about you.

Lastly, we come to the DARK MOVIE: This one is obscure. It's the made-for-TV horror flick from 1981 called "This House Possessed," starring Parker Stevenson that included the scariest shower scene since Psycho. This film--atrocious as it is--really impressed itself upon my tender young psyche and has remained with me all these years.

No comments: