Friday, May 6, 2011

DFW UFO

Well, maybe I had my own....  As I traveled west on I-20 yesterday, just east of Dallas, I spotted a brilliant flash in the sky. My first though, of course, was that I was seeing the glint off an approaching jet.  Then the gleam grew brighter before it enlongated. I figured the jet was banking harder still and the sun was reflecting off the full length of the wings or fuselage. Then it disappeared. Figuring it had oriented itself to me in such a fashion that it had nearly no profile, I kept watching the skies for several minutes following, looking for it. I don't know why. Anyway, it was gone. As far as I can tell there was nothing left in that area of the sky. I could see buzzards plainly and I could see other jets in the distance as well. The one I had been following was nowhere to be found in the cloudless blue sky.

1 comment:

Sharon Day said...

Well, in all that endless sky, at least you got a little distraction for a time. Here, it's always blue, blue, freaking blue! I really do hate clear skies.