- Waco. Was the FBI overzealous and ham-fisted in dealing with this event? There do appear to be some questions that remain under-answered. (see related items at http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A78305
http://www.infowars.com/ (see a debunking at http://www.politicalhobbyist.com/debunked/alexjones.html)
- OKC Bombing, 1995. Early and creditable reports indicated other bombs were found, apparent links to middle east activists, a mysterious John Doe who appears and then mysteriously disappears from police radar,and numerous unanswered questions. (See the Jayna Davis book and othershttp://www.jaynadavis.com/fn.html )
- TWA Flight 800 in 1996. Was it shot down by missiles? If so, whose? Many witnesses saw, they claimed, something streaking up toward the plane (See this article at World Net Daily http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33567)
- 9/11 in 2001. The massive national trauma of this event has created reactions ranging from mysterious demolitions of "Building 7" (where everything from gold bars to secret documents were stored allegedly) to believe that a missile, and not a plane, struck the Pentagon.
- Planet X or Nibiru 2001-2012. A vast government conspiracy has silenced scientists, hidden NASA images, and downplayed the approach of a killer planet and/or star. It was supposed to have come 2003 but now it is set to make an appearance in 2012.
- End of Time, Dec. 21, 2012. The end of the world according to the Mayan calendar, or the time of the shifting of the Earth's poles bringing global instability via volcanic and tectonic action, and a rare galactic alignment that will spell doom....or, as some suggest, all three!
The impact of an immediate media on the investigations of all of these has not been fully explored. Under the stress of getting "something-anything" for the next broadcast, beating out the other outlets, and getting a shot at the big time for a reporter or anchor - well, how much is over-dramatized, glossed over, and misdirected? Add to that understaffed, or prejudiced law enforcement and government, and if the results are slipshod at times, is it any real surprise?
The lesson of 9/11 is that agencies have a lot of inbred jealousy of their counterparts and fail to pass things along as a matter of course or to examine things forwarded to them. How much maneuvering for position or prestige was involved in all of these events? How much ego and pride insured crucial voices went unheard or how much low wattage brain power made certain important connections were never made? Had we merely solved that issue....we might have been able to have foregone the creation of a new layer of government in the Department of Homeland Security. Work smarter...not harder....a lesson we can all learn.