Monday, April 23, 2007

North Texas Book Festival


Well, I did it; I attended the North Texas Book Festival in Denton, TX. No, no... that's about it. I suppose I had been a bit spoiled by my sales success at previous events so I assumed this would be another cake walk. However, the foot traffic was pitiful and the few who did come seemed to only browse. Few even bothered to pick the books up. Of course, in the case of one Cheetos-fingered little girl - THANK GOD! I did meet some interesting authors: the garrulous author of an anecdotal life-lesson tome and the oddly reserved but ultimately warm writer of anti-fantasy works ( I would explain but I'd probably hurt myself). I did, however, reacquaint myself with someone I had met a couple of years ago and that was a sincere pleasure. I hope we become and remain steadfast friends. This all more than makes up for the lack of sales. I will be in Oklahoma City throughout May, selling my books and making appearances.

No comments: